Post-Game Guide: HeartGold and SoulSilver
You've gotten all sixteen badges. Now what? This page lists all the sidequests and activities you have yet to do. Some of them can be repeated as often as you like, while others can only be done once.
By definition, these can only be done once. They may or may not tie in to the story, but either way, they're fun to complete.
- Break all Pokeathlon Records.
- Collect all phone numbers.
- Unlock all Gym Leader rematches.
- Get all Silver Prints in the Battle Frontier.
- Get all Gold Prints in the Battle Frontier.
- Collect all TMs.
- Explore Route 47 & Route 48.
- Get the Kanto Starters from Prof. Oak.
- Get the Hoenn Starters from Steven.
- Get the Seal Case. There is a sick Miltank at Moomoo Farm on Route 39. Feed it seven Oran berries to heal it. Its owner will then give you the Seal Case.
- Find all of the Week Siblings. The first time you find them, they'll give you various items. The second time around, they'll give you Ribbons.
- Get all three Fishing Rods. The Old Rod can be found on Rt. 32, the Good Rod from a Fisherman in Olivine City, and the Super Rod from a house on Rt. 12.
- Take all 60 commemorative photos. These are photos of you with your team or significant NPCs in locations across Kanto and Johto. Keep in mind you can only save 36 photos at any one time on your PC.
- Collect all dress-up accessories. There are four ways to get accessories: from the Celadon Dept. Store, the Pal Park, speaking to a Hiker in the Goldenrod Underground, and speaking to the Pokemon following you.
- Go to the Battle Frontier.
- Board the SS Aqua. The ship sets sail from Vermilion on Wednesdays and Sundays, or from Olivine on Mondays and Fridays. Aboard it are several trainers you can battle.
- Rematch your rival at Indigo Plateau. You need to have defeated your rival at Mt. Moon, then battled Clair and Lance at the Dragon's Den. Afterwards, you will find your rival on the second floor of the Indigo Plateau. He can be rematched twice a week.
- Rematch the Elite Four. Their teams will become stronger once you have all sixteen badges.
- Defeat and/or rematch Red at Mt. Silver. Yep, you can battle Red more than once. Defeat the Elite Four to make him reappear on top of Mt. Silver.
- Rematch the Gym Leaders. You need to collect their phone numbers first. Call the gym leaders at the right time and they will wait to battle you inside Saffron City's Fighting Dojo.
- Go to the Viridian City Trainer House. Initially, there is only one trainer here, but you can add more by connecting to other people's Pokewalkers.
In-game Trade and Gift Pokemon
- Onix in return for Bellsprout - Violet City
- Drowzee in return for Machop - 5th Floor, Goldenrod City Dept. Store
- Krabby in return for Voltorb - Olivine City
- Dragonair in return for Dodrio - Blackthorn City
- Haunter in return for Xatu - Pokemon Center, Pewter City
- Dugtrio in return for Magneton - Power Plant, Kanto Route 10
- Get an Eevee from Bill - Goldenrod City
- Get a Shuckle from Kirk - Cianwood City
- Get a Dratini which knows ExtremeSpeed - Dragon's Den
- Catch all Legendaries.
- Complete the Unown Report.
- Headbutt trees.
- Customise your Safari Zone.
- Go fishing with different rods.
- Catch the Union Cave Lapras. A new one appears every Friday.
- Enter the Bug Catching Contest. It takes place in the National Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Once you defeat the Elite Four, you can also join in on Saturdays, and Pokemon from Hoenn or Sinnoh will start to appear.
- Turn on Hoenn Sound. This is a radio channel accessible on Wednesdays once you've obtained the National Dex. It makes Pokemon from Hoenn appear in the wild grass near you.
- Listen to Oak's Pokemon Talk. This radio show notifies you of swarms of rare Pokemon once you have the National Dex.
- Turn on Sinnoh Sound. This is a radio channel accessible on Thursdays once you've obtained the National Dex. It makes Pokemon from Sinnoh appear in the wild grass near you.
- Unlock different Rotom forms at Silph Co. Bring Rotom in the first party slot and enter the elevator. From there, you will go to a roomful of different objects Rotom can inhabit.
- Unlock different Deoxys forms using the meteorites on Route 3. Place Deoxys in the first slot of your party and investigate the meteorites. Each meteorite will turn Deoxys into a different form: Speed, Attack, or Defense.
Getting More Items
- Enter the Goldenrod Lottery.
- Look for items with the Dowsing Machine.
- Go Apricorn picking.
- Go to the Pokeathlon Shop. What it sells changes each day. Keep in mind you can only buy one item a day.
- Go to the bargain shop in Goldenrod Underground. It only appears on Mondays before 10am.
- Buena's Password - A radio show accessible from the Pokegear broadcasted at 2am, 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, and 11pm. If you answer the questions correctly, Buena will give you an item. You need to get a Blue Card from Buena at the Radio Tower first.
- Seals. You'll need the Seal Case first. There are two houses to the north of the Pokemon centre in Olivine City. Each day, you can speak to the little girl in the house on the right to get new seals.
- Shards for Berries - There are Jugglers outside the Pokemon Centre in both Fuchsia City and Violet City who will give you Berries in return for Shards. You can get Shards by smashing rocks.
- Speak to Bill's grandfather near Cerulean City. Show him certain Pokemon and he will give you evolution stones. To get an Everstone, bring Jigglypuff or Lickitung; for a Fire Stone, bring Growlithe or Vulpix; for a Leaf Stone, bring an Oddish; for a Thunder Stone, bring Pichu; and last but not least, for a water stone, bring Staryu or Marill.
Some NPCs give away items and will call to let you know.
- Bug Catcher Wade gives away berries. He's on Route 31.
- Fisherman Tully gives away water stones. He's on Route 42.
- Lass Dana gives away thunderstones. She's on Route 38.
- Picknicker Gina gives away Leaf Stones. She's on Route 34.
- School kid Alan gives away Fire stones. He's on Route 36.
These are random things which don't fit into any other section.
- Grow some Berries.
- Play Voltorb Flip at the Goldenrod Game Corner.
- Make some Aprijuice using the Apricorn Blender. Aprijuice improves your Pokemon's Pokeathlon performance.
- Make some Apricorn Pokeballs. Give some Apricorns to Kurt in Azalea Town.
- Meet the Sinnoh gym leaders Crasher Wake and Maylene in Celadon City.
- See the Clefairy Dance at Mt Moon. Go to the top of Mt. Moon to see Clefairies dancing. This only happens between Monday 8pm to Tuesday 4am.
- Change your Union Room appearance. Speak to guy inside the Pokemon Center near Union Cave.
- Increase your vocabulary - you know, that limited set of words available when the game lets you speak? Learn a new word each day from a house on Rt 16.
- Give your Pokemon a haircut. Hairdressers can be found in the Goldenrod Underground. Giving your Pokemon a haircut will increase its friendship. The older brother's haircuts will increase it more, but he only appears on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Otherwise, the younger brother can be found on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Head to Goldenrod Underground Dress Up. You need to have the Fashion Case. You can dress up your Pokemon and take pictures of them.
- Visit the Pokemon Mood Tester. They check the friendship level of your Pokemon. They can be found in a house near the Goldenrod Bike Shop.
Information was drawn from these sites:
Psypokes HGSS Walkthrough
Bulbapedia HGSS Walkthrough
Serebii HGSS section